Check out the Hubs webpage. It has a great selection of kids work, some terrific links, and some great ideas for getting kids reading:
- Our School
- What's New?
- News & Events
- Our People
- Photos & Videos
- Online Learning
- Information A-Z
- Contact Us
POLICY – FOOD AND NUTRITION
It is important that all students possess the knowledge and skills necessary to make nutritious and enjoyable food choices for a lifetime. In addition staff are encouraged to model healthy eating as a valuable part of daily life.
Through the development of this policy, a commitment has been made to several important aspects of the environment that contribute to creating a healthy school. These include:
1. Provision of food that is consistent with the National Food and Nutrition Guidelines
2. Development of consistent messages about healthy eating through out the school
3. Providing a food service that supports and reinforces classroom nutrition
4. Recognition of the positive influence that staff can have as role models for healthy eating
• To encourage children and families to be responsible for their own health.
• To ensure that students receive clear, consistent messages about the importance of healthy eating.
• To provide healthy foods that are value for money.
• To be sensitive to family and cultural issues.
• Students will be encouraged to take responsibility for their own health through classroom programmes.
• All staff members will be encouraged to model healthy eating behaviours.
• Food choices at school will be based on Heart Foundation recommendations and will support and reinforce what students learn about nutrition in the classroom.
• Fruit will be available at all times.
• Steps will be taken to discourage the consumption of foods high in fat, sugar or salt.
• Appropriate food safety practices will be in place.
• Students will not be permitted to leave school grounds during the school day to purchase food or beverages.
|Food and Nutrition Policy.pdf||36.86 KB|